Information about family members and the current state of family history research.
No current updates.
Progress on the two main family lines, Hill and Neal, has effectively ground to a halt. No information has been found on John Hill, Fred's Great Great Great Grandfather who was 90 in 1841. A record of his death has not been found, and there are no details of his birth, marriage or whether he had other children. There is no information on Joseph Neal, Daisy's Great Great Grandfather who was the father of Joseph Neal born in 1826. These are the two earliest known members of the main family lines.
The following family members have missing or incomplete information:-
- Jane Stone (Fred's Grandmother) - It is believed she was born in 1839 although there are anomolies regarding her age stated on the marriage certificate and the census returns. She does not appear in the 1851 or 1861 censuses, and no record of her death has been found.
- Charlotte Palfrey (Fred's Great Grandmother) - she last appears in the 1861 census but no record of her death has been found.
- John Hill (Fred's Great Great Grandfather) - date of birth unknown. Understood to have died before 1841.
- John Hill (Fred's Great Great Great Grandfather) - understood to have been born around 1751 in Creech St Michael. No details of marriage or children other than John. Appears in the 1841 census age 90, a pauper. Record of death not found.
- Jane Barnett (Daisy's Grandmother) - understood to have been born in 1848, illegitimate daughter of Harriet Cox. Birth certificate not found.
- Joseph Neal (Daisy's Great Grandfather) - understood to have been born in 1826 in Birmingham. No details of mother.
- Harriet Cox (Daisy's Great Grandmother) - understood to have been born in 1829 in Stratford upon Avon to Thomas and Sarah Cox.
- Joseph Neale (Daisy's Great Great Grandfather) - understood to have been a labourer. No details of birth, marriage, death etc.